How To Get Creases Out Of Shoes Using Iron
We always like our shoes to look brand new. To look best, we maintain our favorite shoes by wiping them or even shining them. However, wiping or any form or cleaning does not maintain their brand-new form. As you use your pairs, they will start to show creases which makes them look old no matter how shiny and clean they are.
If you are wondering how to get creases out of shoes to bring them back your favorite pair’s brand-new form, that is exactly what we will teach you. The method below is appropriate for leather shoes and sneakers with leather-like material. Check it out below.
The most effective and most popular way to learn how to get creases out of shoes is by using iron with steam. The principle is much like ironing clothes. The warmth from the iron will cause the leather to relax back to its original form.
On the next section, you will learn the steps on how to get creases out of shoes correctly.
What you’ll need
- Flat iron
- Grab pieces of paper and fold them to create a ball that you can fit inside your shoes. Make sure that the volume is big enough to fill the form of your shoes.
- Insert the folder paper and check if it corresponds to the shoe’s form accordingly. Adjust the shape or the volume of necessary.
- Remove the shoelaces if there are any.
- Prepare the flat by warming it up. Start with a low-medium temperature.
- Grab any cloth or towels and damp them with water.
- Place the damp cloth to cover your shoes. These will serve as a protective barrier to prevent your shoes from getting burnt as you iron them.
- Start ironing the cloth on top of the shoes. Focus on the parts where creases are.
- Once satisfied, let the shoes gradually cool with the cloth still on. Do not remove yet the paper you placed inside as well.
- After cooling, remove the paper inserts and enjoy sporting your newly ironed shoes.
Aside from using a flat iron, you may use other heating elements. For example, the procedure on how to get creases out of shoes using a steamer is much like the above.
If you are wondering if you can uncrease shoes using a blow dryer, yes you can. The trick in doing it is that you must not place the blow dryer too close from the shoes. Rather, hold it 6-incheas away while constantly moving it above the creased parts.
Creases are the ultimate sign of shoe usage and aging. It is something that cannot be removed by simply cleaning. After you have completed the steps on how to get creases out of shoes, it would be hard for anyone to determine how much you have used the pair. Maybe, this uncreasing method is what you need to complete your shoe makeovers.