How To Be Fashionable? – Fashion Tips For Newbies
Having an eye for fashion is a gift. There are some wherein fashion seems like an innate thing to them. They have the talent to mix and match and pull off any outfit they wear. However, it doesn't mean you can never learn fashion. In this article, we will give some tips on how to be fashionable.
How To Start Being Fashionable
Here's the list of useful tips on how to be fashionable.
- Study the fashion basics. You can learn fashion, but it needs time and dedication. Being fashionable means being stylish. Therefore, you will have to learn the do's and don'ts in the world of fashion for you to be fashionable. Do your research about fashion. Read and watch fashion shows and magazines.
- Websites and blogs are good sources too. Look for inspiration from models and designers. Follow fashion blogs and vlogs to keep yourself updated on the fashion trend.
- Your cabinet should have the basics. The world of fashion is continually evolving. What's on-trend now may not be the trend next month. It's good to keep up but being fashionable is not just about dressing based on what's on-trend. Purchase the basics as these will never go out of style and you can just easily mix and match. Just like, for example, a black dress, which is one of the basics. Whether formal or casual, you will never go wrong with a little black dress.
- Inspect your wardrobe. Review the clothes that you have in your cabinet, and this will also be the best time to do a closet clean-up. Consider letting go of worn-out ones, just like clothes with holes or faded. You can also consider donating the clothes that won't fit you. If you haven't worn something in the last six months to one year, then consider letting it go as well. Check out what you have and see what good pair can go with it. Make a list as well of the pieces that you lack so you will know what to buy next time.
- Where your style. Learning how to be fashionable doesn't mean that you need to wear something even if you are not comfortable as long as it's on-trend. If you want to explore and where something outside your comfort zone, then go ahead and do that. But remember that being fashionable should not just make you look good but also feel good.
- Wear your outfit with confidence. One thing that works in looking stylish is wearing the outfit with confidence. Again, as long as you are comfortable with what you are wearing, the boost in confidence usually comes along with it.
One of the important things to remember when learning how to be fashionable is that it's not about getting the most expensive pieces of clothes and accessories. It doesn't always have to be branded, and you don't need to be broke just to look good. You can look for less expensive clothes and can still look stylish as long as you pair and match them properly.